Presentations on Teaching and Learning
at University Level
• Academic Development Centre Staff Meeting [20 June 2012], “Case Study Philosophy 1A: Teaching Enriched by Extended Orientation, etc.”
• UJ First Year Experience Committee [14 June 2012], “Case Study Philosophy 1A: Teaching Enriched by Extended Orientation, etc.”
• Keynote Speaker at the Teaching Excellence @UJ Conference [27 October 2010], “Empowered for Teaching Excellence: Learning to Be… An Excellent Lecturer”
• Presentation on behalf of the Department of Philosophy for the Senate Teaching and Learning Committee Task Team on the Implementation of the “Learning to Be…” Teaching Philosophy, “Teaching and Learning Strategy: Philosophy and Accounting Sharing Best Practice” [23 July 2010].
• Statement about the Teaching Innovation Experiment of the Department of Philosophy for approval by the Senate Teaching and Learning Committee and Senate. This statement enabled the department to get 4 periods per week for teaching in English only at undergraduate level [written by me as HoD with input from all colleagues, March 2009].
• Workshop on the Management of Ethics at UJ [10 March 2009], “The Ethics of Teaching”.
• Teaching Excellence @UJ Conference [30 October 2008], “Lessons from the Philosophy Department’ [done with Prof Emma Ruttkamp]